Friday, February 22, 2013

Blogging breeds ideas

I decided to start tonight's blogging adventure with checking out some enticing links from my reading list. Okay, some enticing links from one of my favorite blogs, Domestic Adventure. Oh, the ideas that flowed in.

one
First, Erin shared this adorable chair.


Which gave me an idea for my son's heirloom wooden rocking chair, which used to be mine. Right now, it looks like this:


 It's got potential, right?

two
Next, I followed one of Erin's links to Pinterest and this lovely project.


"Hmm, wouldn't this be an excellent solution for the ever-multiplying projects Brannon brings home?" I thought to myself. I already know which frame I would use to create it!

three
Now, for the piece de resistance. A few clicks later, I wound up on Erin's adorable Things I Should Make board. (NOTE: If you click that link, you will be inspired.) Despite wanting to repin everything I saw, I was particularly drawn to this image:


Like manna from heaven, I finally saw the perfect quilt for my son's toddler bed: modern, straightforward, innovative, and best of all, stripey. My husband even approved! 

I have been collecting inspiration fabrics for Brannon's room since appoximately June, but I couldn't decide how to use them. Now, I have a decision, an inspiration picture, and even a pattern! All thanks to Erin's posts, links, and this great blog: Bijou Lovely. I love this quilt!

If you have got a minute, swing by Domestic Adventure and Bijou Lovely to check out more great ideas. If you're a quilter, Bijou Lovely sells the above pattern in PDF format for just 8 bucks!




1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!