Saturday, February 16, 2013

I win!

As I like to tell my students, I just got into a fistfight with the computer, and I won.

After a recent burst of inspiration and a commitment to live a more project-oriented life, I have decided to throw myself head-first into the world of blogging. Unfortunately, that comes with a risk of concussion (figurative, not literal), frustration and all-round complaint-making. 

Tonight, I spent a ridiculously long time screwing around with the  font, colors, and design of my newly-rediscovered blog. This comes after a week of getting hardly any sleep, doing too much grading, and hauling home approximately 90 essays that will needed to be graded this weekend. A responsible choice? No. An understandable choice? I think so. Emily A. Clark's blog is so pretty and inspiring, and I tend just a little bit towards the perfectionist (and obsessive) side.

Long story short, I finally liked the design, I took the time to start planning out the content of my essay, and the page link was broken. And I mean really broken. As is always the case, I figuratively bashed my head against the computer until I found a work-around to solve the problem. Essentially, it involved making a new page, testing its link, and then recreating the original page. Fortunately, I was able to copy and paste all of the content rather than rewriting it. Good ol' ctrl+c followed up by ctrl+v.

The maddening part? I still don't know what was wrong with original link!